Today I decided I thought there was nothing better to do than bake and blog.
So here’s my vegan lemon loaf recipe! Hope you guys enjoy!
- 275g Self Raising Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 100ml Vegan Butter Melted
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 150g Icing sugar
- Juices of 1/2 Lemon
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 180C fan oven/ Gas Mark 6. Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and zest in a large bowl. Add the juice, butter and mix thoroughly until smooth.
- Pour into the lined loaf tin and bake for 30mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 10mins then remove.
- When cool make the icing by sieving the icing sugar into a bowl and mixing in enough lemon juice until it is thick enough to pour over the loaf. You don’t want it too thin otherwise it will just run off the cake!