Since Turning Vegan almost 3 Years ago I’ve been slightly disappointed with pancakes. I love the traditional flat CRÊPE style pancakes with the perfect topping of lemon and sugar.
Although I’ve never even attempted making them until today, PANCAKE DAY!
GOODBYE FLUFFLY AND HELLO FLAT PANCAKES!
- 220g of plain flour
- 680ml of soy or other milk alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 5 tbsp of vegetable oil, (or other neutral-flavoured oil) plus extra to cook the pancakes
1. Add the flour and salt to a mixing bowl. Gradually pour in the almond or soy milk, whisking as you go until you get a smooth batter.
2. Add the oil and whisk until smooth and combined
3. Heat a tiny bit of oil in a non-stick pan. Once hot, add a fine coating of the batter to the pan and move till it spreads out into a nice circle.
4. Keep and eye and when the wobbly softness goes, pop a spatula under an edge to see how its coming along underneath. Once golden on the underside, flip it!